Susie Atkinson Design draws on over 20 years experience to create influential interiors and exquisitely crafted furniture, lighting and accessories.
We are looking to recruit an experienced Interior Designer meeting the following requirements:
- minimum of 5 years professional experience within high end residential and hospitality design
- interior design or interior architecture degree essential
- excellent communication skills - able to liaise with clients, contractors architects and suppliers with confidence and consideration
- able to interpret, communicate and deliver Susie’s vision and to support her as part of a close-knit team
- able to design to a set budget and have good negotiation skills
- detailed understanding of FF&E process – sourcing, specification and procurement (including antiques), extensive supplier knowledge
- must be able to show examples of own designs for bespoke elements including joinery and bathrooms – from concept to construction issue drawings
- experience in producing schedules and specification documents for tender and construction issue
- experience producing lighting and small power drawings
- excellent all round technical knowledge and attention to detail in every aspect, with understanding of relevant building regulations preferred
- fluent in AutoCAD, Photoshop and MS Office suites
- Esti-pc/Estimac experience desirable
- 3D modelling skills advantageous
The Candidate will:
- report to the Head of Design/Design Director
- enjoy working independently as well as part of a team
- assist the Senior Designer(s) across a variety of projects
- undertake any other reasonable tasks as and when requested
- be organized, creative, confident and have a ‘can do’ attitude.
- will be expected to produce work of a consistently high standard
- have a desire to progress within the company.
The Candidate will be based full time in our Fulham office and will be required to attend meetings on-site.
Candidates currently located overseas will not be considered unless already permanently relocating to London. Fluent written and spoken English is essential.
Application deadline: TBC
How to apply
Please send your CV including references and portfolio in pdf format to firstname.lastname@example.org, with ‘Mid Interior Designer’ and your name in the subject line.
Only candidates selected for interview will be contacted. Candidates without portfolios or relevant experience will not be considered.